Tuesday, May 29, 2007

RESEARCH

I thought I would note what Natalie and I are doing to explore whether the Lord would have us adopt. As I mentioned in a previous post, we are reading, praying, and seeking the counsel of friends. Below are the books and folks we are chatting with.

Books
  • Bible
  • Born in Our Hearts: Stories of Adoption
  • There Is No Me Without You
  • Beyond Good Intentions
  • In Their Own Voices
  • Twenty Things Adopted Kids Wish Their Adoptive Parents Knew
  • The Lost Daughters of China
  • Held at a Distance
  • Does Anybody Else Look Like Me?
  • Cross Cultural Adoption
Folks we are chatting with
  • Community Group
  • David and Missy Leventhal who are in the process of adopting Abigail
  • Garth and Tiffany Wilkins who adopted Vladic
  • Celestin Musekura who leads ALARM, the ministry I am involved with in Africa
  • Gladney Center for Adoption - agency we are considering
  • Buckner Adoption and Maternity Services - agency we are considering
  • Others planned for the near future
Natalie and I are really enjoying reading and discussing the books and experiencing the fellowship with others.

No comments: