Friday, October 24, 2008
Good stuff first...
1. We (the kids and I) did early voting yesterday....the kids had a blast helping to push buttons. I had a blast voting for *$?!$!%?*....I really had a blast talking to the kids about the great privilege we have in this country to chose our leaders....talking about those who do not have a choice....I had to fight back tears explaining the blessing it is for us to be able to vote....we are thankful!
2. We got flu shots....well the good part was the treats after the shots:)
3. I had no kids today for about 4 hours...and decided to indulge my lazy side. I vegged on the couch and watched a "made for TV" movie. This is something I never do....well until today....It was low quality drama and such good therapy:)
4. We have had our first "cold" days...it was about 58 degrees the other night....and we lit a fire and roasted marshmallows and drank hot cocoa. Down here in Texas we have to take advantage of our cold days:)
5. I joined Facebook....it is very overwhelming and confusing...I need lessons...I am not even sure if I should list this under "good things"
Only 1 bad thing....bad dreams from a Mommy still struggling with this WAIT...
1. I've had random bad dreams about the twins...of the adoption being completely denied, of more delays, of leaving the babies in their cribs all day when they get home (this one was a horrible dream, I just left baby boy in his crib all day....yikes....you all know how much I hate thinking of them in cribs so much right now, so I guess it twisted around in a bad dream) I hate bad dreams.....and I know that my spirit is still struggling with this wait!
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
They...the flowers and the friends...are beautiful....go check out their blogs...their stories, their children. and their hearts are also beautiful. And Emily...well one of her latest post has the funniest youtube videos ever...I am too lazy to post here but go check them out!
Thank you friends!
Saturday, October 18, 2008
And go give well wishes to this family...Beau and I have prayed for these kids for a very long time. They did pass court yesterday!!!
Friday, October 17, 2008
The first question is simple....we are waiting for a new court date and the needed document to be gathered. We do not know when that will be, which means we do not know when we will travel. We *hope* to travel in December...
How we are doing is a bit more complex I guess...we are most sad for Band Y and their wait, disappointed for ourselves, confused on what to do with our mess of packing now....yet we have a peace....that only comes with trust. People don't believe us...I know...I don't believe it either...I have lived with myself over the years when news like this has rocked my world....so I am surprised and thankful for the peace we have been given. It is a gift, and here are a few ways the Lord has given it to us...
1. Experience...we have waited a long time through the adoption process...I think we may hold some unwanted records. We have also had a lot of loss in building our family and lots of waiting and trusting on God's timing over the years. We are not numb to the waiting...it still really hurts and is so very sad. But we have learned to trust....
2. His Word...while waiting for a referral I made a list of all God has to say on waiting and I read it every day. I don't pretend to be super bible study girl...I am not very academic or disciplined...but I have learned in my old age and in the experience mentioned above....that God's Word is living and powerful! (Email me if you want the list)
3. Love...we love B and Y...weird to those not in the adoption world...but we do love them without ever meeting them...this love sustains us as we will wait for as long as it takes (Lord please have mercy on that statement)
4. Community...most of you know that we have 3 more fams from our church that are adopting from Ethiopia, as well as, loads of other friends and awesome family that love B and Y as much as we do....and are all loving us well through this process. As well as an unbelievable blog community....who would of thought the internet could be so great? And I got flowers yesterday....a girl always feels better with flowers!
5. Gladney...our adoption agency...we love them. We know that they want all these children home as much as the families do. They love their job...and are really good at it. They are way more organized than I ever dream about. I think I could be good friends with these people if life ever allows it! Adoption is not for wimps...on either side of the table....though I am a wimp...but Gladney is not.
6. Perspective...if you are still reading:) go watch this and this. Or go check out this blog & this one and see God's work today in Ethiopia....amazing stuff! Perspective...I love to see all that God is doing and the things we want/need to be a part of....I love putting things in perspective and trusting in the One who is sovereign over it all!
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. **Thank you Lord for this Truth...I don't know where we would be without it!
Two related thoughts....
When Abbey ( a caseworker) called I could tell in her sweet voice that she had bad news....and I immediately started praying...Lord, please let these babies be OK, just let this be something about a delay or something like that...so needless to say I was at first grateful when she said it was a delay....and then quickly very sad too:(
The call came when my Mom and I were going over the packing list....being this is the 3rd time we have packed I have quite a list (we started packing in June and in August when we thought we would pass court before)...The Lord is going to have to really give me supernatural strength to begin packing ever again....not sure that my heart can keep doing these preparations and delays:(
Thanks for your prayers and support! We will keep you posted...
Monday, October 13, 2008
"But these things I plan, will not happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day." Habakkuk 2:3
Sunday, October 12, 2008
So here is something fun while we wait....I've been tagged by Rebecca. Go check out her blog for starters....she is super cool and is waiting to bring home a boy.
7 random things about both of us...
1. My favorite holiday is Christmas. I grew up with wonderful memories of Christmas with my extended family, Christmas music always playing in our front room, and LOTS of decorations. As a family now with our own kids we love our own traditions...I have more fun with this holiday as a parent than I ever dreamed I could!
2. I have attended two universities...but only one with a real football team. Go Tigers!
3. Being tagged stresses me out...lots of pressure....which is perfect timing....I need the distraction!
4. In our H.S. I described my wife's strength in one phrase "She completes me"...quoting a movie...not expecting it to be in the real H.S. While completely true, I didn't expect it to make the final draft. If anyone wants to know the other funnies in the H.S....maybe we'll reveal them after Friday makes things final:) (For the record everything is true and accurate...yet most of you know it is weird and quite funny to read about your life in that way)
5. We love to go camping as a family. The kids love playing outside ALL DAY...and we love talks around the campfire at night! We like to really rough it....back up the minivan loaded up with all possible supplies, setting up a tent 10 feet from the van.
6. We both love to read...one reads only Fiction, the other only non-Fiction....not hard to guess which one. Both our big kids love books too....and we sent books to B and Y already. Hope they end up loving books as much as all of us!
7. I love cheeses on/in anything. I hate all cheese. I love beer, specifically Shiner. I hate beer. I love pasta. I only eat pasta when forced. I love salads. I have eaten only one salad in my entire life. I like Coke. I love Coke. I love buffalo wings. I have been converted and also like them.
Since it is late we are only tagging 2 people...Brandy and Sarah.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Friday, October 10, 2008
Thursday, October 09, 2008
Wednesday, October 08, 2008
9 families that sent us pictures and videos of the babies!
All these reasons
Chris and Jess
Growing In Faith
Baby from Ababa
And many thanks to the families that also sent pictures that do not have blogs...
The gift of pictures and videos has been huge!!! We can't wait to do the same for other families waiting to bring their children home!
We have soooo many pictures.....when allowed, we will post the 150+ pictures....so stay tuned....