Monday, March 03, 2008

HEADING TO AFRICA SATURDAY

Beau here. I leave for Africa Saturday to do some Bible teaching and encourage our friends. Twenty-one of us will be heading over to teach in Kenya, Rwanda, and Burundi. I will spend one day in Kenya and then head to Burundi where I will be teaching government leaders and pastors in the southernmost province of Makamba. We will have other teams in the Rift Valley of Kenya and in Kigali, Rwanda.

As on past trips, I know God will grow me far more than He will use me to grow others. I am crazy grateful for that as I want to know my Maker more and more.

Please pray for faithfulness for all of us, that we would serve in a way that only the Spirit can allow.

Also, we will have a team heading to Northern Uganda in two weeks to continue serving in Gulu and Pader where our church is partnering a local ministry to care for orphans and widows. I have mentioned in the past that we are planning to build a vocational training school and dormitories to help train and disciple folks in Northern Uganda, particularly former child soldiers. Well, last Friday was an exciting day as we submitted initial funding to our partners in order to buy sixty acres for the future facilities. Very exciting! I can't wait to bring my family to Pader, Uganda in future years to teach, laugh and play with our friends.

9 comments:

Farmboy and Buttercup said...

Take me with you! I was in Rwanda summer 2005 and had the opportunity to see Kigali and the amazing people there. We worked with at the World Relief Headquarters on an InfoTech missions project.

May God bless you on your trip!

Hey... Can you swing by Ethiopia and hug a couple kids for me?

Eric (Farmboy)

emily said...

We will be praying for your trip. I must admit that I am a bit jealous, I long to be on African soil. We will also be praying for Natalie and the kids at home.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that we're still here - praying for you often. Now we'll add a prayer for safe travels - and maybe some good news before you leave?? Gladney, are you listening?

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

Wow! Have an amazing trip! I'll be praying for your family.
Blessings,
Kristy

-Samantha- said...

I think I check you guys out about 20,000 times a day.

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

I guess that the African gov't looks down on tucking a couple of orphans in your suitcase for the trip home huh?
Too bad.................
Oh, for the wait that you have had, these kiddos are going to be the BIGGEST blessing to you!
I can't wait to hear your testimony when you get to the other side of this adoption!
Blessings,
Kristy

Crazy Thorne's said...

I was hoping you would get your referral before Beau left tomorrow!
Here's praying for your referral today! Blessings

Kimberly Baggett said...

natalie,
praying for you and the kids while beau is away and praying for his safety....i really thought your referral would come before he left, so i hope it comes soon!!! brad will be out of the country next week and i am hoping we will both receive ours before then!!!

mama becca said...

Hi Natalie...
Just wanted to check in! I hope you're doing okay while hubby's far away. Those times are usually hard for me, so just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you and praying for you...
take care!
becca