Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Lessons from Moses

The kids and I have used the summer to look at the life of Moses. We started studying Moses in order to look as God's heart for adoption and His sovereignty in people's lives. We have really enjoyed looking at how God used the little boy in the basket in mighty ways. I was preparing for teaching them and the Lord sweetly taught me a few things. Moses had many lessons in trusting and patience and waiting on the Lord....all lessons I need!!!! Exodus 14 discusses the dramatic event of the Israelites being trapped between the Red Sea and the approaching Egyptians...at no surprise to the Lord but at great distress to the Israelites who were freakin' out. Moses gave the best reply...and his words have stuck in my heart and have carried me through our continued wait....


Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today....The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still. Exodus 14:14
So with the adoption we continue to wait....hoping to hear final word next week and still hoping to travel in August??? We will keep you posted....
**

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

I really needed to hear that today!

emily said...

Really good. The pics are funny!!

Lori S said...

That's right. I need to be reminded of that often!

Laurel said...

Didn't you get the referral on Beau's birthday? Yours is Sunday, so...

Jana said...

Thinking of you!! and Praying. : )

mama becca said...

okay... those cartoons are hilarious... praying for you all that you have good news soon!
(oh, happy birthday!)
love
becca

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

Hi there Fournet Family,
Just wanted you to know that your family is on my heart and in my prayers.
Blessings,
Kristy

Adoption Cubed said...

Natalie,
Thank you for your prayers. I have been keeping tabs on your family for a very long time. You have been in my prayers.
Rebecca