Sunday, December 30, 2007

Week 14

As we ended 14 weeks of official waiting, my longing to have our children home grows. We are all so excited to have them here soon...almost everything makes me think of them...even not knowing anything about them. It is a very weird place to be....loving and longing for children we've never met. But i have had this even weirder thought... While I am ready for the referral tomorrow, I hate to think of the circumstances that bring these children to us. I was thinking today I wouldn't want those circumstances for any of my children...can't imagine something happening to bring Caleb or Hannah to that place of need. So this is where my mind is in constant confusion...longing for our kids to be home with us soon and hurting for them and their birth family. The magintude of loss involved in adoption is sad....thankfully we have a God that redeems all. So I thank the Lord for His sovereignty and goodness....shown in the truth of His Word....these have especially comforted me lately.....

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. John 14:18

Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. Isaiah 43:5

God sets the lonely in families. Psalm 68:6

Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength;They will mount up with wings like eagles,They will run and not get tired,They will walk and not become weary.Isaiah 40:31

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. Psalm 28:7

Here we are celebrating Jesus' birthday....

5 comments:

Crazy Thorne's said...

Thanks for sharing. The verses are great! I am praying tonight for some last minute 2007 referrals!!!!!

mama becca said...

Oh you know my heart aches along with yours!!! Praying for you all today. I totally agree with your feelings... knowing that our children and their birth families must be going through such hardship to be brought to this place. God is our only hope in this world... He makes all things new.
hang in there...
becca

emily said...

Like the blog "makeover". :)

The verses are a great reminder of truth- truth that can be hard to fully grasp on a daily basis b/c the wait is hard. He is faithful to provide for all of our needs Natalie. Can't wait to rejoice with you over the news of your referral.

Miranda said...

You guys are such a cute fam! It will be soon and your heart will be all the more ready for these babes. Praying for ya! Thanks for all the sweet comments on the blog.
Miranda

Jana said...

Can't wait to hear the good news, knowing meanwhile that God will be faithful to sustain you.