Monday, May 25, 2009

Recent Events

Beau here. So thought I would let yall know what we have been up to...including why Natalie isn't writing this :)

So I convinced my company to let me take 15 days at the beach and work from here a few hours each day. So Natalie and the kids left May 13, and I left May 15. We are just outside Destin at a beach resort. Note: I am already thinking about how to make this happen again next year...aside from my trips to Africa with church, I have never been away from the office over a week.

Key dates since we have been here
May 21 - celebrate my birthday
May 21 - celebrate one year since our referral
May 21 - find out we will be delayed again
May 22 - get court date, June 11
May 24 - B's birthday
May 25 - D's birthday; twins but born a few hours apart
May 25 - My sweet bride and my 13th wedding anniversary

So what have we been up to?

Hannah. All she seems to want to do is swim in the hot tub with her goggles. Yes, a bit off the beaten path. But she seems to find little girls every day to join her. Also, a lot of giggling.

Caleb. All over the place. We keep rotating - boogie board in Gulf, searching for shells, wading on the lazy river, walking the beach, playing football in the pool with me, hot tub, walking across the floating lilly pads.

Nat. I will quote her from 8 days ago..."I only want to do the things I love this week...spend time with the family, home school the kids, take long baths reading my Bible. No computer, phone calls, etc." She has remained faithful to this - zero time on computer and only one phone call.

Me. Aside from hangin with family and working, I have been reading a lot. List includes May issue of CT magazine, a book on Prayer by EM Bounds, Just Courage by Haugen, Confessions of a Caffeinated Christian by Fischer, The Rise of Christianity by Stark, God's Big Picture by Roberts, 3 John with a Kay Arthur study, and Philemon with a Kay Arthur Study. Today I start Adam's Return by Rohr and a Kay Arthur study on James. I have also listened to three or four sermons by Chan and Piper.

So that is what we are up to! We head back to Dallas on Sunday.

Oh, and it's nearly 9am, and Nat is still sleeping. Do I get points for that?

4 comments:

Robin said...

Praying for you guys! I hope you you all find rest and relaxation on your vacation.

Susan and Chad said...

We will certainly keep you in our thoughts as June 11 approaches. Hoping so much that this finally happens for your family. Many, many blessings!

emily said...

I was re-reading Crazy Love this morning and read this and thought of you guys. "God has allowed hard things in your life so you can show the world that your God is great and that knowing Him brings peace and joy, even when life is hard."

You guys have over and over, given Him the glory through a VERY difficult season. Praying His peace is transcending all today.

Sparkz said...

Can't wait to hear how tomorrow goes!