Thursday, August 06, 2009

Crazy Hard Stuff


I am way overdue for a blog post but things have been soooo crazy....good crazy mainly:) I am more exhausted than I have ever been....oh I so wanted to blog about Ethiopia....Everyone said it is indescribable and unforgettable. It truly is!!! The sights and sounds and smells stay with you after you leave....and make me want to return tomorrow! I can still hear the music playing in our neighborhood while we played in the yard, smell the food cooking, and coffee roasting (and deisel fumes) There is still a lot for me to process, a lot of hard things and different emotions. We are still lacking on sleep....so processing and dealing with heavy stuff will have to wait.

Obviously meeting the babies was the biggest, craziest, surreal moment of the trip. It was very very surreal to actually have that moment. Most of you know the amount of time we waited for a referral, then the time we waited to pass court to bring these babies home. Well in that moment all the time waiting seemed a distant memory....HONESTLY!!! And having given birth to two of my children (which was an amazing experience of course)....I have to say that the moment of having these two children placed in my arms was even crazy bigger! I kept asking myself if I was dreaming. To fly across the planet, to have two children entrusted into your care....it was so humbling and overwhelming. And I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!!! I am truly confused on why more people don't adopt....we are called to care for God's children and there so much joy in that obedience. I know all of parenting (and life) is hard, but we are not called to an easy life:) I'm not going to lie....this is the hardest thing i have ever done....CRAZY HARD! But it is so awesome at the same time....and I really pray more people consider, pray and move to action on their thoughts about adoption because the blessings are so huge!!!!
While we are trying to keep this crazy life as simple as possible while we all adjust....we still spend "some" time in the car. Can I admit that I was so excited when the babies liked chicken nuggets on the go one day....helped this Mamma out....
Wish I could put into words how awesome it to see these children with their amazing father....having been cared for by only women their first 2 years of life....it is beyond huge to me to see them loved by their father. Deshi especially took her time (about 2 weeks) to let Beau love her and she just decided one day to accept his affection:) Now they are both CRAZY about Daddy!
Hannah and Deshi in traditional Ethiopian clothes. Hannah loves for them to match.
How did I ever get so lucky?
Hannah and "Kit" .....just love my Hannah!
Caleb on his last day of baseball:) So handsome:)

12 comments:

Monica said...

You're right, it is SO hard and SO amazing at the same time. We have been blessed beyond what I ever could have imagined since our boys joined our family. I love all the pictures. I can't get enough seeing all your family together!

Julie said...

I've been tracking your blog, praying for you and thinking of you for months now...as we have come to terms with our decision to also adopt from Ethiopia. I am so thrilled that you are all together, thankful that God is working through you, and blessed by your sharing about God's will for your lives. Your post was such an encouragement to me today as we begin this long, tough journey...where I have many more questions than answers and can only rely on God. By the way, you guys look SO familiar. I'm wondering if we ran into you sometime in TX. I noticed your post about the Salt Lick. We lived in Abilene (grad students at ACU) for about 5 years 1991-1996 and in Austin for 6 years 1996-2002. Just wondering. God's blessings on you!

Kat said...

I love the new pics...especially with daddy :)! Your blog was SO accurate. I don't know how many times I've heard, "I could never do it!". I know God doesn't call everyone the same way, but your right...we are not called to a life of ease (or always comfort...I grow most outside of my comfort zone). It is crazy hard at time, but SOOO worth it!!!! Crazy hard=Crazy blessed

Anonymous said...

The tears are flowing and I think it's just from knowing how long, and how patiently you waited just for the simple pleasures of things like snuggles with daddy and matching girls' clothes! I am so very happy to see you all together - it's been LONG overdue! Hope to meet you in person someday soon!

Unknown said...

Hi Natalie,

I've been following your blog forever, but have never commented :-) We think of you all often and have prayed for you all. It has been so amazing to watch your journey. Your family is absolutely beautiful and we are so glad you are finally all together! You are 100% right about adoption, I can't image not having my sweet girls. After following your blog and the Lord placing adoption on our hearts again, we too are adopting from Ethiopia! Our blog is http://www.theeversolefamilyblog.blogspot.com/ I will keep checking in and watching your journey in this new phase. Hopefully we can meet your new little ones soon!

God Bless,
Kathy

Jen said...

When you are in the wait ... and have had unexpected turns...it is great to hear that it all melts away once they are placed in your arms.

emily said...

So great to see- I adore the pic of the kiddos in Beaus lap! God is so good- even in the crazy! :)

Robin said...

Beautiful Natalie.....just beautiful. I just knew you would love Ethiopia...it is indescribable......and forever changes you......And the gift we've been given to raise these children, it humbles me every day.

mama becca said...

oh i'm crying now!!!!
it's amazing to see you all together... amazing to witness such joy, even through the hard stuff. i'm right there with you... it's the hardest thing, adoption... but the most blessed. I, too, highly recommend it :).
love to you all...
becca

solas4me said...

It is so amazing to see your kiddos in your arms. When we saw them in the room with our Abeba we just couldn't wait for you and Beau to get your hands on them. They are so precious and are too cute to boot! Hang in there, 6 mos seems to be the magic number with our Abeba. She finally seems completely settled! Of course, we have our moments, but hey, she is two after all!!! Blessings and prayers your way!

Kristi J said...

love all the pics..too cute, kristi

Sara said...

I love seeing pictures of all of your children together.