Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

Beau here. Nat and the kids headed out of a trip this morning, so I am solo for a few days. Spent this morning studying John 1-2 and listening to a couple sermons from Chan. Got me to thinking a bit about New Year's Resolutions. I am not in to that more years...but toyed with idea this morning.

Normal question we ask is "what do I want different (start or stop) in 2009?" This morning I turned the question to "what does GOD want me to be about in 2009?" You see, "not my will, but Your will be done..."

So as I looked back on recent weeks and what I have wrestled with, the following resolutions come to mind.

1. Bible study - In recent weeks I have been wrapping up The Journey for 2008 and outlining a plan for 2009. So I have a plan which I anxiously started on Christmas Eve with launching a three month study of the Gospel of John to be followed by some Old Testament minor prophets that revolve around the topic of discouragement.

2. Family Discipleship - I want to keep doing what I am doing with the kids (specifically daily Bible study and capturing teachable moments) and continue growing as a daddy. As a husband, I have a lot more that needs to be done, and I have been studying the marriage topic in Scripture to align my heart with God's. As God reveals, I need to respond.

3. What else - This is the exciting part where I get to wait and see. Don't know what God has in store, but I want to hear, respond, and see God's glory.

Happy New Year!

4 comments:

~Laura~ said...

I'm so excited about the possibility of us being in ET at the same time. So, tell me all the details. Where are you planning on staying? Are you taking your kids?

Shelly Roberts said...

Just checkin' in ...... praying everything is well in place for the big day this month!! Asking the Lord to pour out His grace on you as you continue to hold onto Him and get through this journey. Much love! ~ The Roberts Family

Lori S said...

Just thinking about you all this morning! Praying you get to meet those 2 sweeties soon!

Sparkz said...

Just checking in, it is getting so close! I can't wait to hear the outcome of your court date! :)