Saturday, January 24, 2009

Not yet

Just a quick update on where we are with the adoption. It has been 8 months since our referral, B and Y are now 20 months old and both seem to be doing very well. We are still waiting on the needed document. We have our 6th court date on this Thursday the 29th. We are praying for a miracle, that the document will be signed and delivered on time for court....will you please pray with us? We are also prepared (because it is very likely) to not pass court again. While we really really really want to pass this week and finally bring our babies home....we are really really really trying to trust in God's timing and rest in His peace.

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. Psalm 28:7

19 comments:

Heather said...

We are thinking of you and praying to hear wonderful news on Thursday!!!

Nikki said...

Praying with you for a successful court date!

mama becca said...

Oh friends... we ARE praying for you and with you. God is faithful... I'm trusting that much...
with love
becca

Ryane said...

Prayers from here as well.

emily said...

Praying for you guys so much and trusting in His Sovereign hand.

Cassandra Britt said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Sara said...

Will be sending good wishes into the universe for your family and for that final piece of paperwork.

Monica said...

We are praying for you!

Amber said...

Oh Natalie, I will definitely pray. It must be soooo hard to wait so long.
Praying, praying....

DrewCareyShow said...

Oh you guys, totally praying that this is the close of one chapter and the beginning of a new one -- and for the grace to see you through!

coffeemom said...

Praying hard for a successful court day this week! M

Jana said...

praying for you and thinking of you.

Holli said...

PRAYING!!!
But knowing God's timing is PERFECT! NO DOUBT!!!
PRAYING YOUR BABIES HOME!

msl said...

Natalie - Praying hard for a successful court date!!!

~Laura~ said...

Praying for you guys as well. If things dont go well tomorrow I might need you to tell me how you handle all this with such grace. I know I won't be as strong as you. I will need a couple of days of being a mess before I get myself together and have a positive attitude. You amaze me! I'm praying for a miracle.

Zach and Erin Kennedy said...

We are praying for you and your children. I can't imagine how anxious you are to hold them. I remember their sweet faces so clearly from when we were there this past summer. I think of them often and promise to pray diligently this week for your court date and needed document. Hoping for good news.

Carol said...

We'll be praying for you! Sending love your way!

Sparkz said...

YES! You are in our prayers. We will be checking in. I can't tell you how sorry I am that it is taking so long. I know the Lords time is better than our own but still it is hard. I admire your patience and knowing there is a CHANCE you might not pass. However I know prayers are going to be offered up and God is good! I will pray that the paper is there and hopefully you'll be on your way soon!

Cindy said...

Your family is in our thoughts.Sending my best wishes.