Some people ask....how do you stand waiting like this? I've answered that question before in other posts but each season we wait looks different. Winter is definitely harder as there is not as much "to do" to stay busy. But we are normal people like everyone else on this journey of adoption....we ride the same roller coaster of ups and downs. Our ride is a bit longer than the ticket we originally purchased....but we are still on the ride. As we approach our 7th court date that we will most likely not pass....we are sad and at peace at the same time. Crazy too!
Here is a short list of the top things that help us wait:
1. Friends...near and far that offer words and deeds of encouragement
2. Pictures and videos of B and Y....they are priceless to us. We just received a CD full of wonderful pics yesterday....like "manna" to us....the pictures and blessings of updates keep coming and sustaining us....thanks Heather!
3. Indulging in too many things to list...but for example....on Friday we skipped a day of "homeschooling" and went hiking and fishing, we had dinner at Houston's (my fav) and I had a nice cold Coke and a club sandwich and fries with Ranch....all my favorite comforts! And I probably had chocolate...just a guess....
4. LOTS of reading.....I love good fiction and one day need to post all my latest favorites. I am reading "the Glass Castle" that a sweet friend recently recommended. It is good so far!
5. Reading, soaking in, thinking about God's Word. LONG time ago (July) I did a post about Moses....how the Lord was teaching us all about His love of adoption and about His plans for us. Well I keep going back to Moses..... how God's mighty faithfulness is so evident in this story. And meditating on God's promises to the Israelites...helps me to remember His promises to me and His faithfulness TODAY! God is sovereign....I say that with complete joy and trust. I know he is control. Yes we are very sad about more waiting. But I do trust more today than I did a year ago...so I am thankful for that.
I have been thinking a lot about the 10 plagues and that time in history....how harsh the plagues were and how hard life must have been during that time....how many women must have longed for stability and freedom for their families....how their "waiting" must have been....yet how it was all done for God's Glory....not because God is starving for attention....but because His Glory brings His people to Him, it draws His people to true and eternal life.....and that is GOOD!
Then the LORD said to Moses, "Go to Pharaoh, for I have hardened his heart and the hearts of his officials so that I may perform these miraculous signs of mine among them that you may tell your children and grandchildren how I dealt harshly with the Egyptians and how I performed my signs among them, and that you may know that I am the LORD." Ex 10.1-2
God was sovereign over Pharaoh's heart and God had a plan for all that happened...I trust in God's plan today for us. We are sad, this is so hard....we will all rejoice when this waiting is OVER. But I do still rejoice in the lessons I've learned....in God's faithfulness and provision for us all every single day. We know that it is NOT Gladney or some Eth. govt. agency in control....we know without any doubt that God is in control!
We will likely have to wait for a new court date, looks like March?? I am so sad to wait until spring, maybe summer....I hate that so many "seasons" keep passing by without B and Y being in our home and with us. And I hate winter....so I am anxious for this cold season of waiting to be over. We will keep you posted! Thanks so much for all your words and prayers!