Saturday, February 14, 2009

Laughing At My Bride

Beau here. Okay, so the coke thing. I just went with Caleb to get lunch for him and Hannah. On the way home Caleb says "Daddy, I can't believe mommy really believes that dream. You know, the coke one. She's going crazy. She's going to be nuts." Of course he says this while he is drinking a coke. So when we get home, I see his gift of compassion really shine brightly. He comes in and says "Mommy, I brought you a coke." She gets excited, and then he hands her his empty coke and tells her she is going nuts. He exudes compassion.

Oh, and my confessions for Friday (a day late). First, I am not a coke drinker, but yesterday I had a coke with sushi at my desk. And last night Natalie and I were gluttons for our early Valentine's dinner, including fried lobster, lobster tacos, duck tamales, grilled black bass, crab cakes, fried bbq blue oysters, filet mignon, and three chocolates for dessert. Like I said...gluttons. But hey, no coke. And then we came home to our quiet house (grandma took the kids) to be sleeping before ten and slept late.

Grateful for my family, especially my bride.

5 comments:

Amy B. said...

That is a little sad, a little cruel, and really really hilarious all at the same time :)

Robin said...

Wow..that's a lot of food...bet your belly hurt!!!

Rebecca said...

I think I'm going nuts too! I have been praying for you guys A LOT. I told you I would be giving up Diet Coke and praying for your babies. Now, Diet Coke is all I can think about - which, in turn reminds me to pray for the newest additions to the Fournet family! I wanted to cheat tonight, but I didn't. So glad to see that you didn't cheat either :)

~Laura~ said...

It's not?! I'm so bummed. As soon as she told me I thought about you guys. I was sooo hoping yours would be rescheduled for Thursday as well. I will absolutely love on your babies for you...if we pass. Praying for you! ((hugs))

~Laura~ said...

Thank you. I know that it's bittersweet for you. Just know that you've been on my mind alot today. Praying that you are on your way SOON!!